Tuesday, 22 August 2017 from 8:00 AM – 9:30 AM EDT
Friday, 22 September 2017 from 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM (EDT)
When it comes to intellectual property, CFOs must constantly assess the value the IP services that are exchanged for the incurred legal fees. Making this assessment can be challenging to the point of frustrating. CFOs must keep the bigger picture of overall financial health of their organization, while dealing with a complex legal regime that is typically administered by CTO’s and CMO’s and has multiple uses as a barrier-to-entry tool. Further challenges arise due to complex and opaque billing practices by law firms.
Basic overview of IP regimes
- Identifying points of differences in your business
- Selecting an appropriate IP regime that provides a barrier to entry for those points of difference
- Setting an IP strategy for your company
- Setting an IP management committee
- Business case criteria for IP filings
- Setting fee schedules and billing practices to maximize transparency and accountability
Thursday, 28 September 2017 4:00 PM – 7:00 PM EDT
PCK understands how difficult it is for early stage companies to get into the patent system. IP protection is an important part of any business plan or strategy. This topic should definitely not be ignored.
Start up companies are invited to a hands on session on writing a Provisional Patent Application. Learn the basics, save money and meet industry leading patent professional Andrew Currier of PCK.
Tuesday, 24 October 2017 from 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM (EDT)
Who should attend? Start ups, small businesses, entrepreneurs.
Thursday, 16 November 2017 from 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM (EST). At Treehaus, Kitchener
Thursday, 7 December 2017 from 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM (EST). At Treehaus, Kitchener